The following objectives have been passed by the resolution of Executive Committee on January 5, 2016
- Name: Leather Engineers and Technologists Society, Bangladesh. (LETSB)
- Nature: Non-profit Organization
- Established: 1989
- Registered Number: S 1250 – 4/89
- Registration Authority: Register of Joint Stock Companies and Firm Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- Office: 124, Hazaribagh T/A, Dhaka-1209, Bangladesh.
- Banking: Trust Bank Limited
Dhanmondi Branch, Dhaka A/C No. 00140310015822
- Members (As of January’16): 1225
- Member’s Eligibility: Minimum B.Sc Engineering/Technology in Leather/Footwear/Leather Products.
- Executive Committee: A 23-Member Cabinet elected by direct voting of all general and life-time members.
- WELFARE: To keep reserve the interest and welfare of the members.
- COMPETENT: To enhance professional competency of the members by exchanging technology, ideas and views in relevant fields globally.
- SUSTAINABILITY: LETSB promotes projects and business regarding Leather, Footwear and Leather-Goods in a socially and environmentally sustainable manner.
- TREND: To get members introduced, informed and trained on new and trendy fashion and technology on Leather/Footwear/Leather Products.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP: Establishing a Technical Facility Center (TFC) having Technical, Mechanical and Job-Work facilities. Where members can learn technical know-how pragmatically as well as make small quantity of goods commercially. Thus a member can turn into Entrepreneur.
- CONNECTIVITY: Working together with relevant Organizations, Associations and Societies in home and abroad for the betterment of Leather Sector.
- EVENT: To organize technical seminar, symposium, discussion with technically sound Persons/Organizations/Institutions.
- COMPLIANCE: To make awareness about compliance on Chemical, Environmental and Social aspects in Leather Industry.
- ASSISTANCE: To assist Government Bodies, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) providing authentic technical support and information.
- PROJECT: Arranging various projects for the sake of Leather Sector.
- TRAINING: To arrange training programs for workers focusing proper Chemical Application, Mechanical Operation and its Safety, Protection and Remedy in Leather Sector
- PUBLICATION: Publishing souvenir, bulletin, magazine regarding Bangladesh and World Leather
- BRANDING Bangladesh: LETSB intends to build “Branding Bangladesh” to portray a realistic image of Bangladesh Leather.